Jul 1, 2008

Thank You Berry Much Extravaganza!

I pulled out one of my favorite stamp sets and tried to put a new spin on it.  I decided to make a OSW (One Sheet Wonder) using the strawberry stamp from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set.
I actually copied the pattern idea from some patterned scrapbook paper I had, but I can't remember the company.  The paper actually used different sized flowers intertwined in vines. I used PTI's Faux Ribbon set for the polka dot vines and added the strawberries at the ends. When you looked at the finished paper, all the images travel in one direction. So I chopped it up, and made it the card front.
I cut out a circle from the center of the card, then used the patterned paper cut in a circle and stamped the sentiment across the front. Matted the circle once with black and cut it with decorative scissors and then matted it again in red. I then placed it in the middle of the inside of the card so when you close the card it shows through. Added black ribbon and was done. 

I really like how it turned out. I'm always surprised at how fun and effective it is to make your own patterned paper. It's an idea that is NOT mine. Thanks to Nicole from PTI. She has the best ideas. Check this post here to learn how to make your own. Give it a try. It's FUN!


So I had some scraps left over, so I thought, why not keep the berry groove going? This time I wanted to do something different. Less cutesy even though it still turned out that way. I like this card though. Different from others I have done.
I had a long strip of patterned paper left so I cut it into triangles and put them in the corners. Still did the circle with the sentiment, but matted it with a larger red circle and off centered it. I wrapped Olive ribbon cord around it three times and adhered it.
I really like how this one turned out too. I'm going to enter it into Paper Trey Ink's Guest Star Stamper Contest which ends in July right before their new release. We will see what happens!


Deets:
Stamps: PTI Green Thumb, Faux Ribbon
Ink: SU! Ruby Red, Olive Green, &  Basic Black
Paper: SU! White, Stash Red & Black
Accessories: American Crafts Black Ribbon & Green Cord Ribbon

No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.