Aug 20, 2008

With Sympathy

This is the first time I have ever had to send a Sympathy card. And unfortunately this week, it is my first time, and I am also sending 2. It makes me sad that it has to be done. But I do desire to share my love with these people who have lost a loved one in their life at this time. 

The first was a layout I have been wanting to try. You stamp the image(s) and then cut it into three equal segments. I used my fav. color combo right now, Chocolate, Aqua Mist and Vintage Cream all from Papertrey Ink. They are so pretty they could definitely (and probably have been) wedding colors.

Click on her name to check out her blog. I really love her design style. Plus she has stamping tips after each post and something fun to share. I quite enjoy checking in with her regularly. Also, she has great stamp sets. That is obvious!!
 The sentiment I used was from Birds of a Feather also by Papertrey and inked the edges with some chalk ink.




The second one was a bit more simple as I was using up the scraps of the same paper.  This time though I pulled out these new stamps I just HAD to try out. I love the design of them and that they are big enough to do scrap book pages... if I ever actually did them.

The are called French Quarter by Inque Boutique.  I bought them at the Purple Turtle. They are just so lovely I couldn't resist! The flower top is actually a stamp from Birds of a Feather. I thought they went together well enough. I wanted to do different colors and the bud on the French Quarter was a little small as the focal point, so I switched it. Also I stamped the corner image on the base card with Aqua Mist ink and then stamped over it with the Creamy Brown Chalk Ink to help bring it out a bit. If you have never tried Chalk Ink, you have not lived! Go out and get some today!!! I love the richness of the colors. And they are a dream to use. I also inked the edges of the Vintage Cream with the Creamy Brown. Chalk inks are great for this and it gives the card such warmth. I also used my new slot punch from SU! It's been a fun addition to my crafting supplies.

After I finished these up, I really struggled with what to write inside them. I wish so much that these weren't going out, but I hope they can feel the love and thought that went into them. 

Thanks for stopping by.
k

Deets Card 1: All are PTI unless noted
Stamps: Natures Silhouettes, Birds of a Feather (sentiment)
Ink: Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate, Creamy Brown Chalk Ink (Color Box)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream
Accessories: Dark Chocolate Ribbon, Gold Brad, Dimentionals, Slot Punch (SU!)

Deets Card 2:
Stamps: French Quarter (Inque Boutique), Birds of a Feather (sentiment, flower top; PTI)
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate (PTI) Creamy Brown and Bisque Chalk Ink (Color Box), Old Olive (SU!)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Accessories: Dark Chocolate Ribbon (PTI),  Slot Punch (SU!)

No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.