Sep 2, 2008

Star Book

I ran into this great tutorial for a StarBook from Kristina Werner at kwernerdesignblog. I just love her blog. So many great ideas.  You can check out her post on it HERE. They are really easy to make, although they do take a little bit of time. But the results are absolutely worth it.

I used some great paper by K&Company called Berry Sweet. I love their papers. These are bright, fruity and fun.

I matted the labele on the front for a friend who is turning 4 and put some Berry Sweet embellishments on it. All of which were 40% off at A.C. Moore. LOVE when they have sales!

Here is the final product completely open. You cover the pages with journaling and photos and display it in its open star shape tied by the ribbon. (That is if you actually have space to do so.)
The different colors and patterns of the paper are what give your star interest. You can find and download the instructions from Kristina Werner to make your own. Go on, I know you want to. It's so fun!

Deets:
Stamps: Birthday Basics (PTI), Random letter stamps from I don't know where!
Ink: Chartreuse (Pallete) Berry Sorbet (PTI) Basic Black SU!
Paper: Berry Sweet (K&Company), Lemon Tart, Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White (PTI)
Accessories: Berry Sweet felt and chipboard Embellishments, American Craft Ribbon, Terrifically Tacky Tape

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My creative memories consultant did one of these! To answer your question - the sky pic was taken near the Allegheny National Forest (PA Side)...thanks for the visit and great compliments!

Barbara Schram said...

Hi Kristie! You won my blog candy over on Explore. Dream. Discover.! Please email me your information so I can get the goods mailed out to you! Love your creations here too, you are very talented!
Barb Schram
bjshome@sbcglobal.net


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.