Nov 1, 2008

Re-Fashioned Monogrammed Box

I have had this old paper Victoria Secret's Box laying around for about a year now. I have always thought it would be great re-done. I have been using it to hold ribbon and decided I was finally tired of looking at a half dressed woman. So I remade it! I found some American Craft Paper from the Play series that matched the box tie well. I pulled out my favorite Modge Podge and got to work. (I actually had pictures of this, but for the life of me cannot find them anywhere, so trust me when I say the pictures were informative and cool looking. : )
I cut the paper to fit each side, top and bottom, used the Podge on the underside and top side, waited for it to dry and started to embellish a bit. The circles reminded me of a monogram so I thought I would go with that idea.
On the inside I did a contrasting striped paper and added a punched out circle for interest. I really loved how fast it was to re-do and the finished product. Once that was complete I tried to put my ribbon back in it and just felt stupid. This box was WAY to pretty to be used for just ribbon, so I made up some monogrammed cards to go with it.
I picked 2 really simple designs to mass produce and put them together in about a half hour.
Let me be the first to say, I do realize the monogram on the box and on the cards are different. This is very much how I work. I did them on separate days with separate inspiration so they kind of ended up a bit different. I used red on the box and when it came time for the cards, this Ripe Avocado paper from Papertrey Ink fit so perfectly and the monogram just followed. I used the alphabet set from Stampers Anonymous, added some American Craft black ribbon and I was done. 
A simple, yet striking gift to give to anyone with the monogram K. Good thing I know a few of them. I see Christmas on the horizon....

Thanks for joining me today. See you next time.
k

Deets:
Stamps: Inkadinkado All About Borders (Box Monogram Swirl), Stampers Anonymous Design Alphabet, SU! So Many Scallops,
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Basic Black, PTI Pure Poppy
Paper: American Craft Play Series, PTI Ripe Avocado, Basic Black from stash
Accessories: American Craft Black Grosgrain Ribbon

1 comment:

Sara said...

WOW, these are beautiful! You are quite talented!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.