Nov 18, 2008

Take-Off Tuesday #3

Happy Tuesday Everyone. This weeks inspiration came from a catalog and forgive me because I just can't remember the catalog I ripped it from. Oh the shame!

It's this cute pink room. What I love about it is the soft pink and white together, the foliage pictures and the faux chenille look to the draps and bedspread. So those are the things I decided I wanted in my card.

This was a pretty fast card to make. Its hard to see, but I stamped some images from Nature Silhouettes by Kim Hughes on the background. If you are interested in making this faux chenille look yourself it is really easy! Cut strips for your card at the width you want. Distress the edges, and lightly adhere it to your card so it doesn't shift around while you sew. Once you have sewn a straight stitch down the middle of the paper strip, roll and distress the edges a bit more so they fold up around the stitching, it will help give dimension and inhance the stitches a bit giving it more texture.
I also punched two circles each with my 2" and 1 1/2" circle punches. I distressed one large and one smaller circle. Then I took the other two and trimmed them down just a bit and distressed them. This is so they weren't all the same finished size.

I then used Stazon black ink to stamp "Happy" on my big white brad and used it as the center. Pretty easy card and really fun to try. So give it a whirl! Keep your eyes open this week for what may inspire you. I would love to see what you create!

Have a good week and thanks for stopping by.
k


Deets:
Stamps: Kim Hughes
Natures Silhouettes for CHF, PaperTrey Ink Garden of Life (Happy Sentiment)
Ink: SU! White Craft, Stazon Black
Paper: Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Big Brad
Size: A2

No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.