Dec 21, 2008

Homemade Christmas Blanket

I am by no means a seamstress, but in light of homemaking everything this year (with a few exceptions), I pulled out the machine to work on a new duvet cover for Cache. You take an Ikea crib size comforter, some pre-cut fabric squares and hours later we have this:
It's quite busy and I guess that is what you get when you online order a pre-cut fabric pack. Oh well... What I did love about it was how fast it came together, so the pre-cut thing was worth it in the end. I had some fabric left over so I thought I would re-make a pillowcase to go with it. It's a great way to use up an older one that you might not want guests sleeping on, but you just can't bear to throw it out because it's still in one piece. Let the toddler drool on it is what I say!!

I also added a name with iron-on transparency and then used PTI Simple Alphabet to stamp "bed bugs bite" on the thin ribbon that runs across the width. It really breaths new life into something so boring as a white pillowcase.
 I remember having my own pillowcase with my name on it when I was young. I loved it and hope that Cache enjoys sleeping in his new toddler bed with his new bug  blanket/pillow combo. We are going to make it all up with a big bow for Christmas morning.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially enjoyed a blog you left in June, so much sothat I referenced it in my own blog. Keep up the good work, your craft work is lovely. Come visit the June reference at www.figurespace.com
Kind Regards,
Kate Vrijmoet

Natasha said...

You are so creative! What a great aspiration to do every handmade! I think that will be my goal next year!

Great job on the quilt!

Anonymous said...

You are very talented..! That homemade Christmas blanket is cute. I can imagine how cozy those feel.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.