Dec 25, 2008

Monogram Card Sets

My mother and her sisters always gave something homemade to each other for Christmas when I was growing up (I wonder if they still do?) It changed every year from toll painting, quilts and the like. With my new found stamping passion, I wanted to do something similar this year for my sisters (on both sides). I am still finishing the 6 sets for my side of the family (assorted cards I will post later). The only problem left was that each of my sister-in-laws actually make cards in some form or another already. It was a dilemma. I really wanted to give them something, but I didn't want to insult their card making intelligence by sending something they could make themselves. You see the dilemma... But I went ahead and did monogram cards thinking they might not actually make those for themselves. Hopefully the added monogram will ensure that they still like the cards and will actually use them. However, if they hate them I am pretty sure they will humor me anyway ; )
Here they are. I re-used some plastic boxes I had from shipped PTI stamps sets. I love re-using plastic. It makes me feel good, no matter how much or little it may help the earth.
I used quite a few different stamps sets hoping to find something that would suite each of their personalities. But I loved the look of the damask stamp which is why it had to be used more than once.

 I have said it before, and it won't be the last time; I love making gifts because you get to think about the people while you create. And I realized yet again while I sat and crafted that I am so so lucky to have each of these wonderful women in my life.   Each one of these ladies is SO fantastic. I couldn't have asked for better in-laws!! Merry Christmas!! 

Deets:
Stamps: PTI Polka Dot Basics, Borders and Corners Square Set, Inkadinkado Bold Damask, Sassafras Lass Oh My Dear, Stampers Anonymous Alphabet Set
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Pacific Blue, Basic Black, Basic Grey, PTI Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate
Paper: SU! Pacific Blue, PTI Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Lemon Tart
Accessories: Plastic Boxes, Assorted Ribbon from outlet, Pop Up Dots


No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.