Apr 1, 2009

365 Cards: No Sharp Edges Challenge

Here we go again! Todays 365 Cards Challenge is NO Sharp Edges! Everything must be rounded. So what better way to do this than a scalloped circle card? Here's my little guy:

I even tried to round the edges of the leaves, just so I was in the clear, but it doesn't seem like they are round enough, huh? I used my nestablities both scallop and classic and embossed them as well. That little one is actually a 3/8" punch from SU!
I added the stitching at the last minute. It was really blank, so I added some paper piercing and then thought it needed some color. I picked up a few different colors of embroidery floss and have been using them recklessly! You will see it a lot...

So that's all for today. Patrick is back to work and we are babysitting a little someone so there isn't much time for crafting. But I will see you tomorrow at 365 Cards again. It's my challenge day so be sure to check back and join in the fun if you can! 
Thanks for stopping by!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Friends 'Til The End
Ink: Paprtrey Ink Melon Berry, New Leaf
Paper: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Stampers White, New Leaft
Accessories: Nesties, SU! Punch, pop dots, embroidery floss

11 comments:

Vicky said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Kristie!!! I just love this set...it's so elegant and stunning - especially when you pull it all together like you've done!! great job!

Anonymous said...

`Absolutly` Gorgeous Kristie...so beautiful...TFS:)♥

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness Kristie...this totally ROCKS!!!! I ♥♥ it!!

Joann said...

Beautiful card!! the colors are gorgeous as is the stamping & design.

~Tammy~ said...

gorgeous take on todays challenge. That flower rocks!

Stephanie said...

Very pretty flower card! Love the colors and stitching!

AUsome mom said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. Did I say "WOW"?

Karen Lee said...

I love this one!!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh, Kristie...this is so pretty! I just love it.

Anonymous said...

I really like this card! It made my day! Great Job. G in Utah

Nancy Jensen said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you did the flower, scalloped card and the stitching was the icing on the cake. I may just have to case it! ;-)

By the way, how did you color the flower? The softness of the color on the petals is gorgeous! Did you use pastels? Email me at fancydancycrafts@cox.net if you get a chance. thanks!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.