Mar 19, 2009

Me LOVE Cookie!!!

This is who I am in a nutshell... I created this card based off of Laura's sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You last week, and then promptly forgot to post it.... DUH! So I am sharing it now even though I missed the deadline!

The sponsor for last week was Doodle Factory at Starving Artist Stamps. So I pulled out my favorite guy. The one guy who gets me, and I get him. "Cookie Guy." (That's not his actual name, its just the name I have properly given him).

I used Polka Dot Basics to make my 'chocolate chip cookie' background. Did it work??? I hope so. I added a bit of S.E.I striped paper and colored my guy with some colored pencils. I am trying to hone my coloring skeelz since I haven't colored in a Looooooong time and it's something I want to get good at. Funny thing about it is, I am using the colored pencils I picked up last year at the dollar store for the kids. I have a hunch I might get better if I used REAL pencils. But until I am committed to coloring A LOT, I find myself spending my $ on stamps instead. One day I am sure I will pick up a nice set and color all the live long day.

Anyway. Hope you are having a great day today! I am trying to withstand the urge to make cookies after seeing this card again. I ate quite a few last week, and [not] shockingly around the same time I made this card. It's a curse!!
Thanks for stopping in!!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Doodle Factory Creatures, Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics
Ink: SU! Close To Cocoa, Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate
Paper: Papertrey Ink Stampers White, Dark Chocolate, Melon Berry. S.E.I Patterned Papter
Accessories: Paptertrey Ink Melon Berry Grosgrain Ribbon, Nestabilities Scalloped Circles

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

kristie, your little cookie monster is fabulous...gotta love those doodle factory images!!!

Anonymous said...

Dang, Kristie, I am laughing out loud. That is one awesome card! ---teri

Chrissy C said...

Hi!

First, Thanks so much for your sweet comments over at my blog.

Second, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little monkey! I have an Aunt and Uncle who are monkey crazy. They would love this.

Third, I've been meaning to answer your question over at my blog. I do have both the Cuttlebug and Cricut. I love them both. I just got the Cuttlebug for christmas and am still learning.
If you don't have them both I say GO FOR IT! You won't regret it!

Thanks again!

Chouquette said...

Your card is so fun I love the monkey and this paper.
The others cards are very beautiful and I like what you did.

Thanks for your coment and the stamps I use is coming by "A muse" (the pirate)


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.