Apr 6, 2009

Monday Project

I have had this jar of soaps sitting around my house for a very long time. These soaps were collected from different hotel stays and have ended up at my house.  (So sorry about the purple stamping foam, it is UG-ly!) 


Anyway, I love soap, but these were just ho-hum. So I decided to do a quick face lift: 

I used some Kraft paper punched into circles. Added some floral silhouettes and sentiments, and roughed up the edges for a bit of an a-natur-al look. The sentiments were perfect and come from the Text Boxed set by Papertrey Ink. They remind me of those zen stones you can get for your desk.
And here they are all pretty in their jar. Now every time I enter the bathroom I don't have an eyesore of hotel soaps, but the air of nature and sweet words.

This is such an easy project and would be fun to spice up your bathroom for any holiday and would even make a great a hostess gift. 

Thanks for stopping by today. There's a lot going on for me this week, but I assure you I will be here each day with something new. Check back tomorrow for Take Off Tuesday and have yourself a glorious Monday!

loves~
k


Deets:
Stamps: Gel-A-Tins Big N' Wild Things, Papertrey Ink Text Boxed (sentiments)
Ink: Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft
Accessories: Hotel Soap!

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous project Kristie!!!

Vicky said...

how cool is this!! i LOVE it! the jar with the soaps looks like something you'd see in a really nice spa! i'm going to have to start grabbing these little soaps from hotels now!

Laurel said...

OMG gorgeous! I am so going to do that!

Julia Aston said...

How fun! your re-stamping transformed them into beautiful decorations! love the cream and brown colors and great stamps you used on these! Boy - we all have soap like this hanging around!!

AUsome mom said...

What a brilliant idea! I MUST do this!! Now I'm sitting here racking my brain thinking of what I can alter in my house. Uh oh. I'm on the loose! Great job Kristie!

Heather in FL said...

What a great idea! TFS!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.