May 8, 2009

Kwerner Color Challenge #51

I haven't had a chance to participate over at KWernerDesign in a loooong time. In fact, I have only participated a handful of times, so I am happy I got a chance to create this week. Here are the colors:


Here is my card:

I hate to say this, but this card makes me say "ICK!" It started really good, but I totally over worked it. I was going to make a different one, but I have honestly run out of time. I have guests coming to stay tonight and the house is a monstrous mess! I also color corrected this a bit in photoshop but did it sitting in a sunny window, so I am pretty sure the colors are off now. But I do love the images and the paper I used. Pink Paislee love comin' your way!! 

I hope you friday is as glorious as ours. I love opening all the doors and windows, playing music and cleaning up while the kids run and play in the sun outside. It has been raining all week, so I really appreciate the good weather today! It has been so wet, that I had two plants go moldy! Have you ever had that happen? So bizarre. Of course I am new at this gardening game, so it may be totally normal.

Anyhoo.... have a fantastic day! Thanks for visiting me. Yeah for the weekend!!
love to you~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Pink Paislee Fancy Frames, Sweet Cakes. Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages
Ink: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow, Summer Sunrise
Paper: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Stampers White. Scenic Route Polka Dots
Accessories: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate Grosgrain, White button, Pop Dots

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Kristie, I LOVE it!!!! Such a fun design! Gotta love Pink Paislee!! Happy Friday and Mother's Day Weekend!!

Erika said...

Super cute card...I don't know what you're talking about! Cute!

Anonymous said...

hey Kristie this looks good enough to eat LOL !

Anonymous said...

It is a great card, Kristie, but i know how hard it is when youre not thrilled with something, but I like it. You have a great weekend, also, and I'll be looking for some more great inspiration from you next week. :)

Dori Shelton said...

I think it's super cute! We are always our own worst enemies. Don't be so hard on yourself! TFS!

Mona Pendleton said...

Yummy looking card! Great way to use the colors in the challenge!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

I don't get what is ick about it, it's so much fun. Love that popsicle stamp!
Have a fun time with the guests.

Kitty said...

What a cute card ~ makes me what a popsicle! Wonderful job on it.

Winter said...

So sweet! Love the popsicle!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.