Jun 24, 2009

365 Cards: Keep It To Yourself Wedding!

Yay! It's wednesday again which means it's my turn for a challenge day at 365 Cards. Today's challenge is to convey the message without putting the sentiment on the front of the card. Oh, and to make it a wedding card! Well, this was really fun because it does make you think a bit. I have NO wedding stamps... I quickly learned this must be remedied soon! So to make up my card I pulled out the outline polka dot stamp from this set. Here is my card:

As you can see I used it to make the rings. Added a diamond jewel and kept everything silver. I used Encore silver ink with my new background stamp set from PTI. I also use the Silver Deco Pen to draw a frame around the white square and also added some score lines to bring your eye into the image of the rings.

I hope to make another of these for my brothers wedding but with their colors instead. Of course this will totally do too if I never get around to making another one! How is your wednesday going?? The sun has finally come out and we are SO grateful. Hopefully it will stay for the rest of the week, but honestly I am not holding my breath  ; ) All is well here and I hope it is for you too, wherever you are.
Have a good one!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Backround Basics: Text Styled, Polka Dot Basics by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Encore Silver
Paper: Stampers White by Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Silver Deco Pen, Fresh Snow Twill by PTI, Score-It Mini, Jewel

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

what a gorgeous clean & crisp wedding card!

Natasha said...

You are brilliant! Those rings are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, simply elegant and clean, just love it!!!! thanks for such a great inspirational piece.

Vicky said...

i can't believe you just created these rings using circle borders! how creative and ingenious! :) this is truly a stunning card.

i hear ya on the sun...this is starting to get ridiculous not having the sun for so long! :)

Fi said...

Beautiful card Kristie, love your rings and the way you drew the border around the white centre, I thought it looked like a piece of acetate.
Hugs
Fi

Rae said...

Very creative, inspirational card. I love it!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Jeannie, fantastic card. You were the inspiration of my card this morning when I saw those wedding rings.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kristie. You were also the inspiration for me trying to find my own cakes wedding rings to put on my card lol.
Hugs
Michelle


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.