Jun 7, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #8 & CPS sketch #118

Woah, how is that for a title? Ok, so I just missed the CPS sketch deadline by one hour. But I went and linked to it anyway because I was the 100th link. I figured it was good to round out the submissions. It makes me feel complete. I doubled up on challenges for this card. I used Dawn McVey's Color Challenge for the week and CPS sketch as well:
I realized something with this card. If it is after 11pm, a card like this will take a really looooong time. Apparently my brain goes mush after 11pm which is too bad since I can only craft at night. And if the kids get in bed late and there are other things that need to be done, it doesn't give me a lot of productive crafting time. Anyway. Enough whining. This card was a challenge but of course I had fun and I eventually got it done! I used a few different sets for this one and was excited that I actually got 2 challenges into 1 card. That is a rare thing for my wee little brain!

Ok. Good Night to you all. I am tucking in early. It's been a long day (we were rained out of our berry picking time *drat* so we did other tiring things instead). I hope you all have a quite night.
loves~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Everyday Classics, Background Basics: Retro, Guide Lines by Papertrey Ink, Thoughtful Messages by Hero Arts
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream by Papertrey Ink, Pink Passion by SU!
Paper: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Hibiscus Burst by Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Bakery Twine by Martha Stewart, Vintage Button Chocolate Grosgrain by Papertrey Ink, Cream Satin Ribbon by Tai Pan, Score-It Mini

12 comments:

Greg's Life said...

this card turned out so cute, even if you had to stay up past your bed time and fry your brain to make it work! LOVE the colors!

Natasha said...

that last comment was by Natasha, by the way. I guess I was signed in as Greg and so that's why it came up as his blog. . .humm puzzler!

Maureen P said...

Love your elements, especially the twine and button!

Sue Lelli said...

Really pretty! Really unique! Love the twine and the bird!

~amy~ said...

ooohhhh.....aaaahhhh....gorgeous work kristie!

Gwen said...

oh gosh! I love this!! awesome layout & design!!!

Karen said...

This is fantastic!! I love how you combined so many different sets, the layered bow, and the wrapped jute!! Gorgeous! :>

Unknown said...

Wow, really great card, very eye catching!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your fun card, but the detail I love the most is the way you tilted the wing on the bird. I never would have thought of that. Super job on the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Debbie Olson said...

Wow! You did an amazing job with this CPS Sketch--fresh, clean design!

Winter said...

Beautiful! I love the ribbon and the twine!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very cute! Love how you used the retro background scallop stamp on the half-circle! Everything is great!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.