Jun 22, 2009

Happy Monday!

Hello to you there. Today I have a project to share that is actually a Mother's Day gift but since it has to travel far far away I decided to wait until the accompanying Father's Day gift was completed as well before sending it all off in a big care package.  I chose to doll up a lacing card flip book that I got from Cosmo Cricket. I used more of my Dutch Girl papers.

I blurred a few of the pictures to protect the innocent. On the last page I used rub-ons and my own handwriting to leave a message for Mom/Grandma. I had this entire page of Family Rub-On's I got from a friend. Thanks friend! I used them ALL over the place!
This is the back pages. You can see lots of rub-ons in a collage sort of way. On the front of the book I made a pocket with one of the Dutch Girl journaling cards. I used to pocket to hold the Mother's Day Card I made:
You can see the card now out of the pocket. Most of the time when I am making a project, the card gets done last, so my creativity is usually drained by then. At that point I usually choose to use a tried and true layout, and keep it simple so I don't go crazy. (its usually late at night too, which really "ups" my crazy potential!)
And that is all for today and this project. I am using one of the Father's Day cards I made last week to send to Grandpa and a reading book too. I hope this all makes it to them soon and that they know how much we love them! Have a happy Monday everyone. So far my neighbor has called me three times warning me about my kids in the yard. sheesh, that is getting old. but she is 90, so I can't really blame her. She is a worrier. So must go tend to the little 'uns. Have a good one!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Mother by PTI
Ink: Dark Chocolate by PTI
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Stampers White by PTI, Dutch Girl by Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: Rub-Ons, Lacing Cards by Cosmo Cricket, Twine, Buttons, Pictures, Crop-a-dile, sewing machine

4 comments:

Vicky said...

what a super sweet project! they're going to love it!

hayleycreates said...

That is just a lovely gift! I know your hard work will be appreciated. Love it!

Anonymous said...

what a fun project, and they will be totally cherished, great job.

Natasha said...

I love them! You are so creative! The pictures are great too! Rock on K-lars!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.