Aug 7, 2009

Distressed Postcard

I picked up a package of postcards from Michael's awhile back. I was really excited to use them and then let them sit, for months. I'm not proud of how I am, but I'm not scared of sharing the truth, and this IS what happened ; ) It all finally came together for me when I added to my distress ink collection at CHA. Here is what I did:

I started with some Tim Holtz masks. They are clear plastic and sticky on one side. I laid those down first and then blended 4 different Tim Holtz distress inks over top. After peeling up the masks, I stamped over the entire card with Background Basics: Text Boxed in Dark Chocolate (not fully inked) and then some Polka Dot Basics II by Papertrey Ink with more distress ink. I only did polka dots on the left side. I added some nifty vintage stamps I got from my sister-in-law, (I have no idea the company), and then added my sentiments by Ali Edwards. I honestly love THIS set!  I threw on some glitter while the polka dots were still drying to add a little somethin' somethin'. I'm pretty sure you can't see that part ; )

Ok, so the back is printed just like a postcard. A small square for postage and a line down the middle to separate the message from the address. I love the idea of sending postcards, just randomly to anyone. You never know, you may get one of these in the mail, so keep your eyes peeled. I also love that it didn't take me an entire night to make it up. It came together really fast! So what do you think??

Thanks for stopping by today. You make me smile!!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Loving Words by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday, Polka Dot Basics II, Background Basics: Text Boxed by Papertrey Ink, Vintage Stamps (company unknown)
Ink: Shabby Shutters, Broken China, Tea Dye, Scattered Straw Distress Inks by Tim Holtz, Jet Black by StazOn, Dark Chocolate by Papertrey Ink
Paper: Postcard
Accessories: Glitter

2 comments:

linzi said...

I think that this is so beautiful. I love the colors and I absolutely love how simply stated it is. Love it! Kristie, you are amazing. I love the colors you put together.

SmilynStef said...

Stunning ... makes me want to go play with ink and masks ... love it.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.