Sep 27, 2009

365 Cards: Sketchy Sunday!!

Happy Sunday to you!! Here is today's 365 Cards Sunday Sketch:
And here is my take on said sketch:
I busted out some new stamps! Boy are they fun to play with!. That bird is from Pink Persimmon. It's a part of a banner set which is just as fun. The rest are Papertrey Ink. And since hubby is out of town, I am with my kids 24/7 which means during photo time too. They wanted in on a bit of the action and since I think they are so darn cute, I thought I would indulge myself:
Here we are on the back porch cause our little point and shoot takes HORRIBLE photos in the lightbox. Can't wait till my camera comes back! (oh and my hubby too ; ) The kids both have stickers because they slept so well last night. What a difference a good nights rest makes! They have been cherubs all day. Just pure bliss... well, until a nap was missed, then it got a bit scary. 

I went out tonight and left them with a friend. When I picked them up Ronin informed me that he was going to steal this really cool thing from his friend, but then had decided not to and gave it to me. *sigh* Our first theft encounter and it went as well as could be expected! We had  a long discussion after that and I am so proud of him for choosing the right. AND for telling me about it. Hope that keeps up.

Ok. I guess that's a perfect Sunday discussion! Hope you have a good one and get some good crafting in today. All this crafting time I thought I would have with my hubby gone seems to disappear SO fast, and not much gets accomplished. Been working on a few submissions and projects that I can't show you yet, but I do hope you likey! 

thanks for checking in!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Large Banner Set by Pink Persimmon, Flourishes, Vintage Labels, Fall Abundance (sentiment) by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black by SU!
Accessories: Vintage Buttons by Papertrey Ink, Adhesive gems by Studio 18, pop dots

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your take on today's sketch kristie...that bird is super sweet...love the stitching too.

Your boys are absolutely adorable...so cute that they have stickers on :) Oh boy, sounds like you have your hands full my dear...LOL...hang in there sista!!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Amazing card, love the stitching and the bird & swirl. Beautiful boys, and don't think you need to worry unduly, sounds like they have good parenting. I'm trying to work out when the baby's due as I'm to be a new grandma Jan 15 x

Linda Beeson said...

I like that sketch - I always like to work in that size. How cute is that bird on there, off to check out that set again since I seem to have not noticed him.

Unknown said...

Love your card today Kristie. I think that flourish is wonderful lol. Your boys are way cute and I am glad too that he chose the right path after taking something. I had that problem too when my eldest was little and she did the same thing, now as an adult she is the most honest person and totally caring about others. We are blessed Kristie.
Hugs
Michelle

Kim Mc said...

Wonderful card, Kristie. Love that color combo and the flourish. Your other two creations are adorable and what a wonderful lesson your son got to learn now rather than when he's older!
Aloha, Kim

Lena95469 said...

wow this is beautiful! I love it


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.