Feb 10, 2010

365 Cards White Space Challenge

Hello Wednesday and Hello friends!!  It's the middle of the week. A day when the recycling goes out, the school week is half over and I get to share with you a 365 Cards challenge! Wednesday's are glorious!  Today's challenge issued by Pam is a White Space Challenge. That is take the image below and keep the white space empty! Which means that only the embellishments/sentiments etc. can go in the black space. 

Here is what I did:
Happy Birthday Birdie! I pulled out the Pink Persimmon stamps. Ric Rac Circle for the background. Paper pieced cupcake and birdie (American Craft Papers) and a double layer banner. Pretty simple and straight forward.
Here's a little close-up for ya. I love these vintage-y funky stamps. They are so much fun to play with. If you don' t have this ric rac circle, I suggest you pick one up. It really is stunning when it's stamped out.

So that's all for my wednesday card. Last night school was canceled for the incoming snow storm, so the kids are home and hopefully we will be able to play in the snow today. I however, would prefer to stay in bed, but methinks a 5 and 3 yr. old will not be too happy if I suggest that as the activity for the day. We will see how things play out. Thanks for stopping in today. I hope you have a good one.

Love to you and yours.
k

Deets: All Pink Persimmon unless noted.
Stamps: Vintage Greetings, Vintage Cupcake, Ric Rac Circle
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red (SU!), Black Graphite (Brilliance)
Paper: Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink), Craft Fair Pattern Paper (AC)
Accessories: Pop Dots

4 comments:

hayleycreates said...

I love the card. White Space can be a challenge on a card. People tend to keep adding more and more to embellish. I love this clean and simple look.

Really lovely!

lindalou said...

Interesting challenge. I've never tried that before, but I might have to now.

I can't believe with a new baby you are posting new cards. I'm hoping you made them ahead of time and are getting some well deserved rest...when you can.

Linda Beeson said...

Oh my goodness, that combination of stamps and colors is just wonderful! LOVE that rick rack circle.

Kristen H said...

Super cute and sweet card, but not nearly as cute as your brand new bundle of love. Congrats! And God's blessings for a wonderful life with him. I am so happy for you!

xxx

Kristen


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.