Apr 17, 2010

Just A Note

Happy Weekend my friends! I can't believe another week has gone by. I feel like I just turn around and already its the weekend again and I haven't posted! Well, today is another Pink Persimmon card. I have a lot of them up my sleeve. Lots of fun projects to work on and cards to make this month.

This is a card that turned out a bit differently than I had imagined. But that is what is so fun about it! I used Ric Rac Circle to create a stamped background. I just love the Ric Rac look. It's a really fun and versatile set:
The sentiment is from Vintage Greetings and the little birdie was thrown in there last minute. It's from Singing Birds set. Which is a really cute set I think.
This turned out to be quite a masculine card, which is a good thing. It can be so hard to create for the male gender. I had to do away with the buttons and bows, but still managed to use brads and pop dots. You can't strip everything away, or else you might as well buy a card at the store!

Anyway. Simple Simple. Tomorrow is a big day for the Larsen family. We are starting baseball season for Ronin. The first time ever! We got him some cleats, baseball pants and even a little cup (you know... for protection) I felt SO odd walking through a sports store.... let alone buying a protective cup for a 5 year old, but coach said we needed one. And after seeing the first practice with all the 5 year old mayhem, I can see why. Those kids are throwing like crazy and running all over the baseball field. I don't even think they know what the bases are for. It was quite hilarious to watch. So with one practice under our belts, we have the baseball parade and team pictures tomorrow. Ronin is ecstatic to say the least. At the sport store there was a woman there that had three boys (all older) and since I had my three in tow, we had to swap war stories and she gave me a few 'sport tips' to get me through the next 20 years of my life as a mom of boys. A life I can see will be full of jersey washing, team shuttling and cheering on the sidelines. When I think of it in those terms I get excited! Should be an interesting time.

Ok. Thanks for stopping by. I will have some posts for next week, so do stop by. I have been trying to get some crafting in this week, but baby has not been sleeping well which means a lot of holding to be done on my part. Hopefully that will stop soon!
Have a great weekend!
k


No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.