May 5, 2010

Mother's Day Gift

Hola! I have a little project that I have been working on for Pink Persimmon. This project is over on their blog and you can read and see more about it HERE. There are a few different pictures over there you can look at as well, but I thought I would post it here too.

The lovely ladies Darcy and Judi at Pink Persimmon gave us these fabulous chipboard books from Kaiser Craft and asked us to do either a Mother's day or Father's day gift. My niece had a baby recently which is SO exciting. The only thing is the baby was 2 months early (she was actually due at the end of this month but born in March!) Little baby Ashlynn was born weighing in at just over 3 lbs. She is still in the NICU but is now out of her incubator and is nursing well. I am amazed at what technology can do for us now to help preserve and strengthen life. Well, I am sure this entire experience has been quite traumatic and this is my niece's FIRST Mother's Day so I wanted to make it special. I took this Kaiser book and whipped up a scrapbook for her to put pictures of her new little miracle in. And here it is!:

Front page. All set for a newborn picture of Ashlynn in it. I used all Pink Persimmon stamps and Scenic Route paper (Charlotte line):

I love the colors on this paper. Sorbet, Red, Pink, Cream and Brown. Just LOVELY! 
Here is the first page. I didn't want to dictate too much what size the pictures should be but also wanted to leave a mat to help the picture pop a bit. So some pages have them and some don't.
This is using Ric Rac Circle and Oh Dear! Silhouette.

Page 2 Using Cute as a Button set:
Page 3 using You're A Jewel set:
Page 4 using one of my new fav. sets from PP, Key To My Heart set. I actually added some Tim Holtz distressed Stickles to the key after I took this picture, but you can imagine how much more fun it looks with it on right?:
Page 5 using Little Red Wagon colored with Copics:
Page 6 using Ric Rac Circle again, Vintage Cupcake and Sweet Greetings. The circle was stamped on cork paper which is SO much fun to use and adds a lovely texture. I also added some stickles to the frosting and some dimensional glaze to the cherry. OH! I could just eat that cherry ; )
And because this is a gift for a new mom, I thought I would add a card to the whole package. I used my Nestabilities to cut out the patterned paper. This Label 1 die ties in with the shape of the book quite well. I used Singing Birds, Carnival Alphas and some sentiments from Ric Rac Circle to create the frame and sentiment. I colored it with Copics and added some flower buttons.
I think being a mom is such a special job. It's tough and exhausting and lots of times thankless, but there are so many sweet moments that make it lovely. I hope my niece can learn and grow through this experience and soon bring her baby girl home. I hope she knows that she is now and will forever be a special mom!

Thanks for stopping by today! Loves to you and yours.
k


2 comments:

Carolyn V said...

What a thoughtful and beautiful gift. I said a little prayer for your great-niece today... hopefully she can go home soon. ~ C

Linda Beeson said...

You picked the best colors.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.