Jul 15, 2010

Cardabilities Sketch #7

Hey there people! I am very excited to share with you today my first card creation over at Cardabilities. I am so excited to be apart of the new design team! Go check out the blog and meet all the ladies and take a gander at the great cards. Hopefully they will inspire you!
Today we have sketch #7 reveal:

And here is my take on the sketch:
I used some ink on my woodgrain impression plate to create the background and then added some simple elements. You know me, I like to go a bit on the simple side. Colors are pink, chartreuse and grey. LOVE them together! And have I told you yet how much I like this hand dyed scrunchy silk ribbon? sooooo nice.
Here is a bit of a close-up. I added some pearls in my stamped flower (in the sentiment) and did a quick swipe of my gell pen to add faux stitches. I love those things.

That's it for my first reveal! Remember, there are two reveals a month on the 15th and the 30th, so I hope you can join in the fun at some point!

thanks for stopping in!
k


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love what you did with the sketch Kristie!!!! One of my fav color combos!!!

Tammy E. said...

I love the colors of this card, and that ribbon! Great card.

Linda Beeson said...

That woodgrain look is wonderful. I just got that embossing plate so I need to try that. LOVE the pink ruffles.

Jen said...

so super cute!! love that ribbon treatment...and the woodgrain rocks as well!! hey, did you go to VHS? i think i recognize you!

Janetcraft said...

Love the ribbon...looks like real flowers...like this a lot


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.