Aug 3, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Hey there. Welcome! Today I am joining in the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog.

Do you remember this water-colour panel I made into a card a few days ago? Well, I did end up finding it... no cheerios or boogers on it to be seen ; ) I had made it for this challenge but it took me awhile to locate it again and get photos. Plus I panicked about time and took my photos before realising the background had a tropical feel. Wha?  Soooo NOT gelling with my summery-wild-flower feel. But you love me so much, you will let it slide this once, right? 

Ok the challenge this week is "Anything Goes" using Cas-ual Fridays or Technique Tuesday. So I pulled out my Technique Tuesday stamps. I have a few sets and I have picked up quite a few of their die cuts recently, so I thought I could manage myself pretty well.


I started by stamping my images using distress inks and then went over the images with a water brush. It was looking pretty good, or at least I thought it was. But I got over zealous (who, me?!?!) and cut the panel too small (EEK!) So I matted it on white card stock and then put it on my card base and also 'shmeared' on some Wink of Stella. Now I LOVE Wink of Stella as much as the next gal, but it just shouldn't go on this water-colour panel. I groaned after I did it. Oh crap, I knew better! Don't you hate that? You can see it a bit in this photo... Not my favourite thing. But what do you do now? Not going to toss it, although I did do a good job of 'losing it' for a few days ; )
 
Then using my die cuts I glued a few 'hello' pieces together and then adhered it to its matching mat. I love that Technique Tuesday makes mats for their die cut words. It adds something fun. I then popped up the sentiment panel to make it stand out a bit more.

And thar ya have it!  I love this technique of water colour. It's a great way to cheat and look like you know how to water colour, even if you are like me, and SO do not. At least I had you fooled until the Wink of Stella ;)

ok. thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!
k

6 comments:

Natasha said...

I love that you are card making again! Those stamp nights in queens are some if my favorite memories!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this technique, looks wonderful!

Jill said...

This card is do bright and lovely--great technique. :) glad you found it sans boogers ;)

Jill said...

Great bright card Kristie! Fab technique--so glad you found it sans boogers ;)

cheiron said...

Such a pretty watercolor scene. Love your wildflowers. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the way you made it look like a beautiful painting!! Awesome technique-- you have inspired me to try it
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.