Aug 7, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2: Day 2

Hey there! I'm just stopping in real quick to share another card I made during the Online Card Class: Stretch Your Stamps 2. This is another background stamped card. I did the same technique that Shari Carroll showed. I love this technique! Go on, run over and check out the class. I know you want to! 

This is only my second class I have ever taken and I keep wondering why it took me so long to sign up for one. I do really love it! The best part is it gives me an excuse to lock myself in my office for days at a time. Aaaahhhh.

Ok. On to it! Here is my card:

Simple. Very Simple. Stamped background and die cut panel. I actually stamped three of these backgrounds and used the other two for totally different cards which I will show you here:

This is a totally different take, but if you look close you can see the original stamped background. You may have to squint ; )

I have never done art journaling before but I feel like this is pretty close? Anyone out there do art journaling? Does this pass?? I layered this baby UP! After the original stamping of the background I then used a stencil as a stamp. Smoosh your stencil in some ink and spritz with water. It worked like a charm!


Then I stamped some medallions onto it and then some flowers that I embossed with Ultimate Liquid Gold. I then felt like I needed some more gold so I took my Versamark PEN and drew some thicker lines within the petals and embossed it again. I then watercolored over the flowers to add some more colour and drama... Then my sentiment and some new (to me) Studio Calico sequins.


Here's a second card I did with the last stamped background. I did similar things but I ended up using my stencil to draw in. If you look close you can see the little sketch lines I used to create my swirls.

I still embossed and water-coloured the flower and stamped my chevron stamp up the side. I like this one but not as much as the first one.

Ok. That's it. What started out as 'real quick' has turned into 'too long'!! I'm being summoned so I need to run.

Anyway. Thank you SO SO SO very much for stopping by. I know you do and check in on me and maybe you leave a comment and maybe you don't, but I still feel you here and I love it! Thanks for checking up on me and say hello if you have a moment.

Hope you get to craft sometime today!
xoxo
k



3 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Stunning work! I love all the color!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your cards Kristie! The gold embossed magnolia and that flourish against the background is just stunning!
Continue to create with the classes!

Unknown said...

Wonderful work! I love all of them.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.