Aug 8, 2015

Top Dog Dies August Release!

Hello there! It's a big post for you today to share with you some fun cards using the new August Release for Top Dog Dies! YAY! Release day is always the best. You can find the new dies in the STORE now.

I wanted to share with you some cards first using the balloon die cuts. This set is fun because there are SO many different sizes of balloons! This one uses the medium sized balloons. I die cut two of each size. One in striped coloured vellum and then I layered under it some polka dotted vellum


I love the three different sizes and thought it would be perfect for a baby card!

Next up I used the border die cuts in a little bit of a different way.

I die cut about 5 strips of four different colors (included a shiny silver paper) and adhered them in a variety of angles. Stamped and trimmed out my vellum sentiment and added some enamel dots.
 Next up this CUTE cupcake die cut set with a little plate. I love this set! Such cute details to choose from.


I actually took the biggest balloon die cut and used it to trim out the background circles. I just cut off the extra little balloon opening and suddenly had these lovely half circles to work with. I love double use out of die cuts!

This card is done in the same manner as above. I just wanted to try it with some vellum. I took the biggest balloon die cut and trimmed off the excess and overlapped them for my background.

Then stamped onto another piece of vellum and layered it all over top with some enamel dots.

Ok, almost done! This one is a fun one because I took the rainbow die cut set and embossed some cotton paper to create some scallops. I watercolored them and trimmed them out. If you look closely you can tell that it is the rainbow die cut!


 I added some polka dot vellum (you know I LOOOOVE vellum, right?!) And added some twine and sequins to finish it off. I love the look of water-colour over the embossing. Creates lovely shadows and patterns.

Ok, and very last, I wanted to use these set as intended so I created a few curves of rainbow with some overlapping of colours and cut out a plethora of clouds in grey, white and patterned, yup you guessed it, Vellum! 

I fussy cut out the banner from the stamp set I used and coloured it with some Copics to help it pop a bit. It was all adhered with some rainstones to a white card stock base.

And that's it! All things are ready for you to head over and shop! I hope you found some interesting things here and are excited as I am about the new release! Thanks so much for stopping in today. Hope you have a good one!!

xoxo
k

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Just WOW! These are amazing! I can't pick a favorite! The background of borders, the way you used those balloons to create the quadrant background, and the rainbow card, AMAZING!!!!

Ashwini Rao said...

Such amazing cards - each and every one of them! I agree with Miriam on card with the balloon backgrounds - very innovative!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.